Simply put, an elder law attorney is a legal professional who focuses on legal issues that affect the elderly, their family members, and their caregivers. There are many different issues that an elder law attorney can help you handle. Some of these include:
- Claims for disability, Social Security, and Medicare
- Supplemental insurance and long-term health insurance claims and appeals
- Access to health care in a nursing home or another managed care environment
- The preservation and transfer of assets in addition to Medicaid planning
- The Medicare enrollment process
- The estate planning process, including the creation of living wills, powers of attorney, and financial and health needs and trusts
- Probate and estate administration
- Veterans’ benefits
- Elder abuse issues and fraud recovery cases
- Mental health law and health questions
- Home equity conversions (reverse mortgages) and housing discrimination cases
- Guardianships and conservatorships in case you become mentally or physically incapacitated
If you are looking for a trusted, reliable, and compassionate elder law attorney, turn to us at The Law Offices of Kayce C. Staehle. One of our areas of focus is elder law, and we can help you with any of the situations listed above, as well as others.
If you have an elder law-related topic to discuss with our law firm, we encourage you to reach out to our office and set up an initial consultation. During this appointment, we will go over your situation, get to know you a little better, and outline next steps for handling your case.